Zaria Forman: Hyper-realistic Drawings of Greenland Iceberg

// // Leave a Comment


Artist:
Zaria Forman

Artwork:
A series of photo-realistic drawings of Greenland's Iceberg Landscapes, titled “Chasing the Light”

Location:
Brooklyn, New York, USA


The inspiration for my drawings began in my early childhood when I traveled with my family throughout several of the worlds most remote landscapes, which became the subject of my mother’s fine art photography. I developed an appreciation for the beauty and vastness of the ever-changing sky and sea. I loved watching a far-off storm on the western desert plains; the monsoon rains of southern India; and the cold arctic light illuminating Greenland’s waters. In my work I explore moments of transition, turbulence and tranquility in the landscape and their impact on the viewer. In this process I am reminded of how small we are when confronted with the powerful forces of nature. The act of drawing can be a meditation for me, and my hope is that the viewer can share this tranquil escape when engaging the work.
~ Zaria Forman


All images courtesy of Zaria Forman.

For more info, please visit her:  Website  |  Facebook  |  Instagram









0 comments :

Post a Comment